Our mission is encouraging the artist in vulnerable people, so that they can experience the benefits of participating in the visual arts. We provide opportunities to develop personal art work and for engaging with creative group activities, for adults with learning disabilities, autism, physical impairments, complex needs and dementia.
The benefits of attending Create Ability art sessions
- Getting involved in creative projects can be particularly beneficial for people who may be experiencing limitations in their lives. Art is about freedom and making choices, it can help build or strengthen capabilities. Studies have shown that engaging with the arts can improve a person's physical and mental well being, including depression, dementia and frailty.
- Developing personal talents, gifts and abilities leading to increased self esteem.
- For our participants who are not able to express ideas and choices, creative activities can provide sensory stimulation and a shared experience.
- Social interactions, making friends and establishing connections with others.
- Improving cognitive skills through mental stimulation.
- Gaining a sense of achievement and sharing this with others.
- Enjoying a sense of community, belonging to a group that meets for a shared purpose.
If you are interested in creative group activities for people with learning disabilities, autism, physical impairments, complex needs, dementia and want to find out more about Create Ability, please get in touch on 01252 712049 / 07901536771 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.